Finding the right anniversary idea to surprise your spouse can be tricky, especially when your wedding anniversary falls on Valentine’s Day. I am absolutely sure that there’s nothing wrong in chocolates, flowers and thoughtful cards, but you may be looking for something a bit more special to celebrate that day.
If you are in a search of the most creative way to tell your spouse, “I love you,” here are some of this year’s best and most romantic Valentine’s Day anniversary ideas for couples.
- Make a book about why you love your spouse and why you are thankful for having him/her. When putting up the list, take the moment to focus on the things you love most about your spouse and forget about their weaknesses and shortcomings. After all, it’s the good moments that keep couples together.
- Take your sweetie on a scavenger hunt. If your spouse is adventurous type, going out on a little hunt will be an exciting experience they won’t forget for a long time. Ask him/her to answer riddles to find the clues to items that you placed somewhere around town. The last item should give instructions that lead to a fancy restaurant for a romantic dinner.
- Give your wife a dozen roses. On each stem attach a note with a future date and something to do on that date. It should be something that she/he would enjoy. A surprise gift list that will take months to get fully completed.
- Make a meal with symbols of love. Especially if you are known for your cooking. Examples: make a tart in the shape of a heart …
- Make a special “14 Reasons I Love You” Valentine’s Day breakfast for your sweetheart. On his/her plate, leave a letter or card listing 14 reasons that you love your spouse.